Tips for your wedding planning, how to be on time.
First of all, wedding planning is a lot of fun but very busy! Flexibility in your timeline is very important. Not everything is going to go as planned. But you should plan, plan, plan, and plan some more. Your wedding timeline will be one of the most important parts of your wedding planning.
“Better three hours too soon than a minute too late
Williams Shakespeare- “
The funny thing about TIME, it means a lot of different things to different people.
As a bride or groom, maybe you’re always on time or always run a tad late. This is important to consider when making your wedding timeline. Are your bridesmaids or groomsmen the type of people who are on time? Because all it takes is one wedding party member being late, getting lost, or forgetting the start time to set your schedule back and stress you out.
So what should you do?
1. Hire a coordinator. It’s worth the time and money to have someone follow up with the dozens of time demands on your wedding day.
2. Give the wedding day schedule to each person. Assign someone that will have everyone’s cell phone numbers so it is easy to contact them if late. Touch base with everyone on the wedding morning to address any issues.
3. Discuss the importance of being on time; The rehearsal is a great time to do this. Just take five minutes at the rehearsal to say, thanks for being a part of our special day. Our goal is to start on time, so please be here on time.
4. If you think you need 2 hours to get ready, consider making it 3.
5. Consider doing a lunch or breakfast with your bridesmaids, that way they are all present ready to go. A pre-wedding event such as this is a way to relax and have fun.
6. Give the time control to someone; don’t take it on yourself. Your photographer, cinematographer, coordinator, maid of honor should all be working towards the same goal of staying close to your schedule. It’s your job to enjoy your wedding.
7. Do you have multiple locations for your wedding? If so, you will be traveling during times you could be taking pictures. Some weddings can involve as much as an hour of travel time if you are getting dressed in one place, makeup in a different place, and then the location of the ceremony in another place. If you are having your wedding in different places, make sure everyone knows the directions from place to place. Consider handing out a map. If one guest or wedding party member gets lost, it can delay parts of your wedding considerably. We’ve seen it.
We hope these tips help you have a great wedding experience. Feel free to share these tips with your friends getting married. A rule of thumb is, having more time often leads to less wedding day stress.